DM-UY 1143 Ideation and Prototyping
Spring 2018 • Arlene Ducao • Fridays • 11:00AM-2:40PM • 2MTC MAGNET 811
Future Dystopia / Utopia Project
This project can be done as a team or as an individual.
Imagine our civilization at least 20 years from now. Things have either collapsed beyond repair or life has become a harmonious dream. Through some crazy combination of wormholes and string theory, you have the opportunity to create a piece of information that will be sent back to the current population.
- What does your imagined future look, sound, and feel like? (your framing story)
- What message would you transmit to the current population from the future?
- You will brainstorm, research, sketch, map, design, and build physical prototypes of an object(s) from your imagined future.
- You will deliver your message in any final medium(s) you choose. The only requirement is that it includes image(s), physical or virtual model(s), or video(s) of your prototyped physical object(s).
I suggest brainstorming one or more of the following themes to get you started, but you will need to eventually drill down from these very broad themes to specificity:
- Media: Moving Image, Photography, Painting, Print, Sound, etc.
- The Object