DM-UY 1143 Ideation and Prototyping
Spring 2018 • Arlene Ducao • Fridays • 11:00AM-2:40PM • 2MTC MAGNET 811
Documentation of your creative process is an integral part of your creative work; it records the many steps in the creation of a work. This is important because process documentation:
- allows you to review and reflect on the iterative journey of your ideas and their physical manifestations over time
- can often be the catalyst for future projects that derive from some unexplored thread in the original idea
- captures previous points in the life of a creative work that you may need to go back to if the chosen direction does not prove successful
- provides ample material with which to communicate to a public audience the narrative of your work, the evolution of your ideas, and the morphology of materials and forms
With this in mind, throughout the duration of the semester each student must carefully document all of the work created in this class, from brainstorming sessions with post-it notes to pages in a sketchbook to rough prototypes. You will post this documentation on your process website on a daily or weekly basis.
You have several options:
- Create a dedicated wordpress via http://wp.nyu.edu
- Create a dedicated tumblr for this course only.
- Get wordpress installed via sites.bxmc.poly.edu (see below) in a directory labeled ip
- If you already have a sites.bxmc.poly.edu account, have elton install another instance of wordpress in a directory labeled ip (see below)
- Alternatively create a ip directory if you already have server space of your own via an ISP (Internet Service Provider), and install wordpress in that directory.
Wordpress Group Registration
If you don’t already have server space, please attend one of the group registrations for sites.bxmc.poly.edu with Elton Kwok, IDM's Technology Director, email@example.com, MAGNET 883.
Group registration for IDM server accounts TBD.
Please remember to bring your laptop with you when you visit a session.
If you choose wordpress on bxmc.poly.edu, set up your class website at